Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Things are Getting Closer

We finally went to Dr. Bender's appointment.  He was very nice and we could laugh a bit as we were kind of nervous.  It turned out that he had been in Chile 20 years ago and had the chance to visit Pucón, Osorno, Frutillar, Puerto Varas and all those lovely places full of Germans in the south.  
Another doctor entered the room and they both explained about HSCT.  Doctor Bender told me I will be admitted to the hospital on the 18th (that's Chile's Independence Day!) They said we would be informed about each step we need to take, beforehand... 
I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)
They talked about their successful experience with this type of transplants and they said they've performed the same for about 200 people, which sounded very good to me.
This is going to be the protocol:
Then I had an ECG (electrocardiogram), they took six blood collection tubes and I had more urine tests...
We were at the same building as Bassam so we paid him a visit wearing face masks and thoroughly washing our hands with alcohol.  We left him a note since he was asleep.
When we got back to the apartment, Pepa and Wim (her husband) were waiting for us!!! It was so magic, because Pepa looks so much like my mother... They brought us  chocolates from Belgium and a beautiful headscurf so I can wear when I become bold because of the chemotherapy. We directly went with them to a beautiful restaurant.  It was so elegant! In fact, it was the most elegant restaurant I've ever been in my whole life!
It can't be appreciated in the photo, but the place was fabulous.  I ate seafood with pasta :o)  Then we went to a lovely cafeteria and I ate a chocolate marzipan cake.  Yummy!!!
They will take us tomorrow to Stuttgart.  They are very sweet people...

3 comments:

  1. Mi vida, veo que te van a hospitalizar el 18, en pleno Rosh Hashaná, o sea, como dice el dicho, año nuevo, vida nueva.
    No sabes lo emocionada que ando con la visita de la Pepa y cuanto me alegra que van a ir a Stuttgart, creo que mi abuelita Rosa vivía allí; voy a tener que echar una mirada a los shorashim porque no me acuerdo. Sigue disfrutando cada minuto. Viste como habla alemán la Pepa? y habla flamenco y no se cuantos idiomas, ahí podrás hablar con ella, dile que te cuente cómo se conocieron con Wim y dile que lo más maravilloso que hizo en su vida fue ir especialmente a Heidelberg para acompañarte.
    El 20 te visitará tu tía Yolanda desde Barcelona,
    Como ves, no hay tiempo para aburrirse.
    Un abrazo para los 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, dream come true.. Pienso en los meses en vilo, esperando y esperando que se haga realidad esta oportunidad de renacer.... Y ahora acompañada de 2 topisimos doc, alentándote...... Me siento conmovida. Es casi mágico. Yom Kippur.... Casi como se estuvieses expiando karmas de vidas pasadas.......(me fui en volada!)
    Te adoro hermanita.. Estoy tomando tu mano todo el rato.

    ReplyDelete