Thursday, September 13, 2012

Peaceful Thursday

Yesterday Maryam (Bassam's wife) came to visit.  She was really kind, warm and very sweet. She told us that today will be day zero for Bassam.  That means that his stem cells will be reinserted to his body because his immune system is neutropenic (no immunity at all).  It’s like the new birthday for people who get transplants.  I feel so happy for him!

Anyway, she explained what was the job of the career, the precautions we need to take, times in which you can be visited, and it was so nice talking to her.  I wish I could upload a photo, but… Sorry Maryam.  You look fabulous on it, but I don't :o)

In the afternoon we went downtown and had a nice time taking photos.  Later we had some tea at the Hard Rock Cafe…





In George's own words: "Except for the chemo after-effects, there's no reason you can't treat this (HSCT) adventure like a vacation. That's what my wife and I did. And except for the one week of feeling ill, that's exactly how I remember my HSCT. With very good memories. Life is what you make it. Make it great!"

It’s wonderful to be here, but I can’t wait to have my own transplant and make an end to MS.  Why did nobody tell me about it before…?



2 comments:

  1. Kari Te ves regia en las fotos...y no te impacientes que pronto llegará lo que tanto anhelas, que Dios permanezca contigo en todo momento, un abrazo gigante para tí amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi niña, no te imaginas con qué ansiedad espero cada día tus descripciones y tus lindas fotos, es mi placer diario :-))
    Te amo vida mía.
    Guit shabes!

    ReplyDelete