Wednesday, September 19, 2012

At the Hospital

I couldn't sleep so well... I woke up many times.  Well today I got the venous line inserted and they took some more blood tests.
A Russian lady arrived so she'll be my roommate.  She had a Stroke.  She only speaks German and Russian....
I'm receiving a saline solution while waiting for the chemotherapy.  
The leading expert on the hematological department stopped by. Famous and reknowned Dr. Ho and his colleagues were here.  It was a pleasure to meet them.  Dr. Ho asked about my medical history and said I would be closely monitored.
12.57 started chemotherapy
The chemo took about an hour.  No side effects so far... 
The Russian lady already left so I'm alone!!! :o)  I enjoy listening to Alan Parson's music and being in the Internet.  Maryam stopped by in the morning and then Nachita came and brought me her good vibes and great sense of humor.  We watched my cousin Avi's videos and we laughed a lot.  
I'm feeling well and very optimistic. I've been eating everything.  Who said hospital food was bad? It's delicious!!!

This is my new inspirational video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCg9NKlsILU&feature=player_embedded#! 

16.55 I feel well, but I'm tired.  Although I've asked many times for the medical schedule arranged for me and none has answered yet, if everything is like with Bassam, then it should be two days hospitalized receiving cyclophosphamide (chemo), then 5 days approx. getting Neupogen injections to make  stem cells mobilize to the blood, then the apheresis (stem cells withdraw), and then we'll start with the harsh chemo.  When I'm  neutropenic (no immunity), I'll have the stem cell reimplantation and we'll wait for the engraftment.


8 comments:

  1. Mi vida, que Hashem te siga acompañando, que esté en todo momento a tu lado, que su aliento se pose sobre las manos de los doctores para que el tratamiento tenga el toque divino que necesitas.
    Te amo hijita; mi alma, mi corazón y cada célula de mi cuerpo está contigo.
    Que Hashem te proteja y bendiga una y mil veces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jatima tova amiga d emi corazon , que Ds cuide casa paso de este tratamienrto y pronto te tengamos sana como siempre te he soñado , que tu mama y tu papa te bendigan , te amo
    pedro engel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bien!!!!!!! Estoy contigo, viendo tu bello video y piiiiiiiiiip de la risa con la linda Nachis.
    Gracias por permitirnos seguirte de tan cerca!!
    1 dia menos.
    pd: Y si no me equivoco pronto llega el plato de fondo??' La tia Yolanda????!!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina de mi corazon, estamos continuamente contigo,que todo siga asi como se ha planeado, y acuerdate de la poesia..ten siempre sol en tu corazon y una alegre melodia en tus labios!!
    Te queremos con muchas buenas y positivas energias
    Wim y Pepa...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mi querida Karinita, estoy con tu mamá, que me esta enseñando como contestar y hacer comentarios en tu blog, si te llega es que aprendí :-), te diré que me he muerto de la risa con lo de la rusa y tus palabras en ruso. Te mando las mejores vibras, fuerza y amor para ti mi niña querida , te quiero mucho besos.
    Clary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te admiro tanto tanto!! Eres una seca... Estoy contigo desde acá!!! Siguiéndote a cada rato... ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karinita, con todo mi corazón deseo que Dios guíe el tratamiento que vas a recibir y haga que tu cuerpo se recupere tal como es Su deseo y el tuyo, Dios te bendiga física, espiritual y emocionalmente para que no decaiga tu ánimo en la "prueba" por venir. Te mando uno y mil abrazo. Nuestras oraciones están contigo a diario.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karina, te vez super. el pelo se recupera, y seguro que ni te daras cuenta .
    como dices tu es la ultima etapa,Seguro que la pasas.....
    saludos
    ceci

    ReplyDelete