Sunday, September 30, 2012

Skype Day

This is the crowd that I avoided yesterday:
Nachita told me there were musical performances everywhere, plus lots of sausages and of course, beer. It was very beautiful, but  It was very wise to stay home too.
Today we skyped everybody.  Pepa and aunt Yolanda called.
We skyped Carmel from Melbourne, Australia.  It is because of her that I'm here.  When I felt the disease was progressing, I panicked and despertately started looking for any kind of relief, treatment, whatever could ease what I was (and what I am) feeling. I remember telling my neurologist to please tell me if there was anything in the World that could help me, even if it was in Mongolia.  Those were the exact words.  In my despair by feeling that the disease was progressing (and after being critized by everyone that I spent too much time on the computer), one  day I run into Carmel's blog and the word hope came back to me.  

Jorge Barahona is the name of the most benevolent, humane and kind doctor.  He immediately said the transplant COULD help me and was not against it, as most doctors in the word do.  I won't tell you the many "hashgajot pratiot" (blessings) I was granted until we got here, but wonders are still around. Sometimes it's just a beautiful butterfly that alights on the balcony, the wonderful sight of these German castles or ... we would rather keep that to ourselves.
I'm anxious to begin the next stage of this journey.
Jag sukot sameaj.


1 comment:

  1. Karinita, qué bueno que no te rendiste y que buscaste la ayuda que seguro te va a mejorar. Dios está contigo siempre.

    ReplyDelete