Monday, September 10, 2012

The First Appointment

We arrived to Dr. Natour's office on time, but the secretaries didn't speak English.  So  suddenly a nice young woman appeared and helped us to fill a form.  They kept us waiting a long time in an office and they said the Dr. was coming.  When he finally entered the office he immediately asked about the payment.  We were kind of shocked because, at least in Chile, that's the assistant's business... I had to ask him permission to use his computer to find the e-mail that I received from the University Hospital in which they said I shouldn't pay for the heart eco.  After that he was more relaxed and asked a little about me.  While performing the test, I told him about my visit, HSCT... and he asked why in Germany to which I replied what you already know: that in Chile the doctors didn't agree to perform it for MS, that for India my Dr. didn't have any references about the center nor the doctor, that in Israel they performed the non-myeloablative one instead of the fully ablative... He said that he agreed that Germany was the best place on Earth to have the transplant (that's what he said).  
He then told me he was an Arab born in Israel and we talked in Hebrew!!! He said I could contact him whenever I needed during my stay at the hospital.
By the way! The test was ok :o)
It was a very hot day.  Nachita cut my jeans into shorts so now I have a new pair of shorts!
When we arrived to the apartment tía Pepa called (my mom's cousin who lives in Belgium and came to HB with her husband).  We'll have new visitors tomorrow plus a very important appointment at 10.  Tomorrow I'll tell you about it.
I'm still thinking of Bassam and my two jewels: Nicky and Gabri.  Thanks mom for being with them now... I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Harto dije el doc ;-) jijijiji.
    Me gustó que dijera que es el mejor lugar del mundo para el trasplante. Estás en las mejores manos y verle la cara a esta gente me deja más tranquila.
    Te amo, mi muñequita hermosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡ Ánimo, Dios está contigo Karinita !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A la espera del reporte de tu segunda consulta al doc de hoy. Y sobre el programa. espero nos cuentes.. (o por mail o por fb).Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opino lo mismo que la mama ... Q bueno poder ir viéndole las caras... Cuenta como te va hoy!! Te quiero!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amiga me alegro muchísimo que estés bien un abrazo gigante para tí.

    ReplyDelete