Saturday, October 13, 2012

Eisenach, Belgium and Back

We had a beautiful stay in Eisenach with Simone and Frank.  Eisenach is the birthplace of Johann Sebastian Bach and the place where Luther translated the Bible.  Besides being a beautiful city, we were pampered and surrounded a lot by good vibes.
Then we went to Belgium to Pepa and Wim's house.  They made us feel like princesses... They made their typical mussels plate which was delicious! This photo is from Antwerp :o)

After a magical week we finally came back and had the long waited appointment. Dr. Hillengass explained everything about the transplant and I had to sign a Consent Form.    The doctor said that stem cells had to go under many regulations before being reinserted even if they were my own.  He also said he prayed for his patients and that he will pray for me. I will be admitted to hospital next Friday so we will definitely have to postpone our tickets back home :o( Again, man proposes and God disposes...  I will be hospitalized for three weeks, then I will have some appointments as an outpatient and we will go back to Chile hopefully around November 16th... I will arrange my bagagge before getting hospitalized because I know I will be extremely weak after the transplant. 
Keeping my mood high is very complicated.  Dr. Hillengass told me there was a psychologist specialized in people undergoing stem cell transplants, so it'll be very good to talk to her.
I love this place...  Getting out of the terrace and watching the castle still amazes me...


11 comments:

  1. Hijita querida, a pesar de hablar por teléfono contigo y estar enterada de todo, eché de menos tus post en el blog. Me encanta el sentimiento que pones a cada una de tus palabras, haces que todo lo tuyo me llegue con la misma sensibilidad que quisiste transmitir.
    Parece que ahora si vamos a entrar en la recta final..., ya era hora, cierto?
    Te abrazo, mi vida, con toda el alma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicki y Gaby son tus dos motores principales para seguir luchando, Karinita, no puedo ponerme en tus zapatos aunque quisiera, lo que sí es que estoy segura que lo mejor está por venir para tí y tu familia. Te mando muchos ánimos desde acá ... y por cierto qué guapetón el doctor, ¿verlo no te alegra ni un poquito ? jajajajajajajajaja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Primita,

    Que sepas que estamos todos haciendo Tefila en Israel.

    Que tengas mucha fuerza para salir adelante.

    Rovners de Israel

    ReplyDelete
  4. nosotros también estamos rezando por ti. Me encanta tu blog.... besos tio y tía

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karina,
    I wanted to find some wise words to help you keep smiling, but I understand how frustrating this wait must be. So I'll just say , its Ok and normal to feel disheartened. Take each day one at a time and try to do something that lifts your spirit , whatever that may be. I find music helpful.
    Time will pass, you will get there. I am sending you good wishes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. karin, ita, me alegro por un lado y es muy importante el que te hayas podido
    distraer, , por parte de tus amigos, el visitar estos hermosos lugares y ademas tener una calida bienvenida eso te a dejado plena de endorfinas , y eres priviligiada , de haber decidido aprovechar este precioso tiempo, te veo muy bien tu rostro esta hermoso, rogamos para que todo salga como esta proyectado , mi reina un abrazo apretadito como a ti te gusta besitos
    carinos para Maria Ignacia Clary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amiga querida, estoy segura que todo estará bien tienes una capacidad increible para revertir la adversidad. te quiero mucho, que Dios acompañe tus pasos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karina, muchos cariños y sigue con esa entereza admirable, tu blog y tus fotos preciosas,
    un abrazo, Eli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Karina

    We haven't been in direct contact since your first Shabbat here, but I just wanted to say that I am clicking your blogg more than once daily (!) to see if there are any news. I am praying for you and I wish you all the best. Please write something new in your blogg soon, I have been desperately waiting for something new for FOUR DAYS...

    Shaul (the Rabbi)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karina! mucho exito mañana viernes.. Muchas bendiciones y buenas energias de Chile..
    Somos muchos que estamos extendiendo nuestros corazones por tu pronta vuelta a chile con solo buenas noticias...
    Con cariño

    SHALOM!!!

    Yael

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mi querida Karinuchi
    te mando un gran abrazo
    estoy segura que todo resultará bien
    con mucho amor
    Tía Perla

    P:D Saludos a Nachita quien tanto te ha apoyado

    ReplyDelete