Sunday, October 21, 2012

D-5

I didn't have a good night sleep.  I have liquid retention and thanks to a portable bathroom that is next to the bed, I managed to go there about 20 times...  They gave me some diuretic and still encouraged me to drink more water. I suddenly woke up completely soaked just from sweat. They helped my with new sheets and I had to change my pijamas... My eyes were also very swollen.
At 8 they put me again the Cytarabine and one hour later they put the Etoposide.  To which I reacted again very good.  I don't have any nausea yet. 
I had breakfast: milk, corn flakes, bread and butter, and Nutella (that I love so much).
Then I finally took a shower and  I put Freddie Mercury's music.  They brought lunch, but I didn't feel like eating, so I recalled the Spanish saying: "Enfermo que come, no muere", which would be something like "a sick person who eats, does not die" :o) After a while, I made up my mind, sat in the chair and had a very nice vegetable soup, plus stewed chicken with green peas and potatoes and for dessert a sweet apple.  Let me tell you, the food was delicious!!!! As George wrote in his blog, it exceeded my expectations and it was much better than in any airplane I've ever been.
The doctor was just here and he said that all my blood exams were ok and my kidneys were working ok too.  He said it's the chemo who made me gain two kilos in liquids, but that's the way it's expected to be.
Nachita was here, we skyped Gabriel and his father. 
She took some dirty clothes and she'll bring new ones later.
This is R2D2.  He's always by myself...
I guess they'll put the Cytarabine again at 20hrs. an at 21hrs. the Etoposide.  So it'll be the same as yesterday.  I will only add a comment if there's anything I should tell you.
In the meantime... 
Chao!

5 comments:

  1. Mi vida, vamos bien, mañana mejor!!
    Lon llu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelente, Karinita, todo parece ir viento en popa, qué bueno. Me sorprende que ya no seas vegetariana como tantos años lo fuiste. Bueno, te mando mil abrazos y buenas vibras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigue adelante estamos siempre pensando en ti.... besos de toda la familia... tío y tía..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comadre vamos adelante, rogamos por ti y estas en mis oraciones
    imaginate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eNGORDASTE 2 KILOS, un abrazo te quiero mucho Clary

    ReplyDelete