Friday, October 19, 2012

D-7

The nurses are really kind and professional.  They are checking on me all the time. Prof. Ho (the big man) came to visit me like everyday.  Everybody knows each detail of my disease.  They also come immediately if I call them. I feel very confident here.  Every little detail is arranged.
Well, after being with a very sweet physiotherapist and making some simple exercises, I was visited by Mrs. Toenessen, the psychologist. She made a quick check of my situation and after that, plus some nice talk, she said that considering the circumstances, I was in a very good  emotional condition to undergo the transplant. I will see her again next week.
Carmustine is the chemo I had today.  I tolerated it well, but had an allergic reaction.  My eyes were red and also was my throat. Every other thing was expected and those irritations were side effects.  I had to take out my contact lenses, so I'll be wearing my glasses from now on.  
The old lady who is in the room started throwing up a lot, so I put some Alan Parson's music and I fell asleep...
This is super nurse Julia, the one whose hand I almost strangled yesterday :o)
There was also a nurse from Portugal and I recited the whole "o burrito vai numa corrida louca pela serra" (remember that my ISIT friends?).  Anyway, we laughed a lot :o)
I feel fine. I've been watching Chilean TV and laughing a lot with the doctors, nurses and Nachita who has been so supportive,  It's ike having a motivational and inspirational guru 24/7.  Since we can't light the candles for shabat here, because the fire alarm can be activated, she said she would make the candles' blessing "at home". She is wonderful and she looks pretty, doesn't she?
Shabat shalom...

3 comments:

  1. Karinita Shabat Shalom!
    Te veo animada y divina con esa tu hermosa sonrisa..
    Te queremos mucho mucho..y siempre a tu lado!
    Buenas Noches...
    Love you Wim y Pepa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muñequita mía, gracias por compartir cada detalle con nosotros.
    Hakol yihiye beseder
    Ani ohevet otaj im kol libí!!!

    Shabat shalom umevoraj!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡ Shabbat Shalom ! Me encanta verte tan animada, perfecto eso te mantendrá a flote en los días difíciles que puedieran venir más adelante (Dios quiera que no).
    Tienes una memoria extraordinaria, yo con trabajos me acuerdo del famoso burrito pela serra... etc etc.... como me parecía en su momento algo tan infantil y chocante para universitarias, mi mente lo bloqueó, pero qué bueno que a tí te está sirviendo para compartir y reirte con alguien, !qué mejor terapia! Como siempre, te mando todas mis oraciones y bendiciones siempre. Abrazotes.

    ReplyDelete