Sunday, November 4, 2012

D+9

My first words are for my dear brother Daniel, who is getting married in Israel right now.  I love you, Danielito, and you know that my heart is always with you wishing you happiness, health and parnasa... Send a big hug to Helena from me.  I hope, I'll meet her soon.

As for me... I've been without vomits nor diarrhea for a day now.  I'm still neutropenic, but leukocytes have a slight tendecy to move up, because they were at 10 and now, 250.  Prof. Ho explained to me that since I'm the 2nd patient who has the ATG here, engraftment may ocurr on day 12th (let's hope not).
Fever is always with me.  As some days I had more than 39°, I have an average on 38°.  Feeling so sick plus the fever, doesn't allow me to have a lot of strenght (in fact, I'm typing with just one finger).
Yesterday I  really wanted to write the post, but I couldn't.  Mucositis is the inflammation of the digestive tract mucous, so even swallowing my daily pills has been too complicated, because it hurts so bad.  So yesterday a doctor that looked like a barbie (she was perfect!) told me that if I didn't take my pills, then they would have to put me in morphine, they would have to insert another IV line in the neck, because these IV lines I had wouldn't be enough.......... Imagine how shocking this was to me! The barbie doctor was usimg what they call here: "the brutus protocol"!!! Then my full stomach was like that of a frog, I took each and every pill though it hurt like hell, and I fell asleep at 19hrs.
Thank God, today the mucositis is slightly better, my stomach is still like that of a frog, I have fever and I'm very weak, my sense of taste is completely altered... But already being on D+9 is quite an achievement.  There were many days in which I even didn't know how to make myself comfortable... And during the night my neighbour snored terribly! I asked the nurses many times to put the ear plugs in my ears, but only yesterday there was someone who could do it right.
Take care, have a nice week and don't forget sending your good vibes...
Loves, 
K

8 comments:

  1. Onward and upward. As usual praying for you daily. Love and miss you....tio and tia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ánimo, Karina, ya falta menos. Cuado deje de molestarte la mucositis dirás "pero qué bien me estoy empezando a encontrar ya".
    Pasa buena noche. Un beso para cada una.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hijita querida, mira que bien está Angela que pasó por lo mismo hace unos meses. El verla a ella como está, me da más entusiasmo para seguir tirando p'elante. Ya estamos en la cuenta regresiva, cualquier día de estos nos escribes ¡ya!, las células reconocieron su casita, como dijo Angelita hace unos días.
    Ha sido tan difícil mi amor, pero ya verás los maravillosos frutos que vas a cosechar.
    Te amo y te admiro, tengo una hijita extraordinaria.
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bien!!! cada dia un pokitito mejor!!! Vimos el matri por skype y Beto soplo sus 13 velas.. mucho que celebrar..
    Todos los dias te envio mis energias y estoy al ladito tuyo todo el rato!!
    te extraño..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karinita hermosa!
    Te deseo con todo el corazón que ya estés llegando a la salida del túnel donde encuentres la tan ansiada luz. Que siempre menciona Nachita!
    Te queremos un montón y estamos juntos ti de corazón y de alma!
    Wim y Pepa!
    Mazal Tova por el matrimonio de tu hermano!
    Besos y más fuertes abrazos para ti y Nachita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kari, de veras espero que pronto todo esto sea un mero recuerdo. Has sido muy valiente y has llegado tan lejos... todos estamos pendientes de tu salud, esperando pronto leer que ya te sientes bien y que pronto vas a volver... a tu vuelta tenemos que ir a tomarnos un cafe, lo dejamos pendiente antes que te fueras.
    Hartos cariños y harta fuerza para ti en estos días
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dear Kari(nit)a,
    Mazal Tov to the wedding of your brother Daniel. We are also invited - but cannot attend since I am recovering from a laparoscopic excision of my gallbladder - that misbehaved terribly by allowing a large stone (which I ignored for years) to start moving... I am much better off now, but still convalescing. We can only lood forward to the time when - in good health and reunited with your children and your beloved ones - you will look back on your ordeal and regard it as a mythological experience. Un abrazo, Moishe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cada dia un poquito mejor!!! Siempre pensamos en ti.... tu tío tia y primos en los EeUu....

    ReplyDelete