Saturday, November 10, 2012

D+15

While I thought it would be a much better night... I must tell you that in one of my comings and goings to the bathroom, I fell :o( My neighbour stood up and immedialy called the nurse.  They helped me go to bed again and told me to call her whenever I needed.  That was not what they had told me before... that there was just going to be one nurse for 20 patients for the whole night... Well, that's some gossip.
My neighbour left today and she'll be back in three more weeks... I thank her for what she did last night for me and wished her all the luck she could get... Being 52 and having cancer it's not an easy thing...
Regarding my rush, it simply looks terrible.  I look like a monster! They've been telling me for more than a week that the rush will be out in two days... but nothing seems to be farther from that, and I had to take another antihistaminic to avoid the terrible itch..
Dr. Egert was here again and she said my leukocytes were around 4,500 which is very good, but my CRP needs to be a bit better.
The nurses keep asking me if  I'm nervous to be on my own this Monday, and I just take it as another mandatory stage of this journey...
I'd like to tell you once again, that only getting rid of the chemo will take about three months in which I'm supposed to sleep a lot, and afterwards it'll take about two years to recover whatever is possible, considering the damage done to the myelin sheath for the last 16 years.  It'll be a hard work with my physioterapist, but I'm eager to start living this new chance to live...(forgive the repetition).
See you tomorrow.
Loves,
K

5 comments:

  1. Shavua tov Karina, espero que realmente esta sea una semana mejor que la anterior y que estes en condiciones optimas para poder viajar a Chile segun tus planes. Siempre estas en nuestras tefilot y justito hoy en el shul, una persona dio un kiddush en agradecimiento despues de haber pasado por una enfermedad importante (aunque no dio detalles) y haber estado en el hospital por mas de 3 meses. La persona hablo muy "lindo" y dijo como la experiencia lo fortalecio como persona y como todo tiene mas sentido en su vida y como la comunicacion con Hashem es mucho mas cercana. Esperamos que a pesar de lo duro de la experiencia que estas pasando, no solo salgas fortalecida en terminos fisicos pero tambien en terminos espirituales.
    Que puedas dormir lindo y laila tov =-)

    ps: te puse este mismo mensaje en el post de ayer por equivocacion. Lo vuelvo a poner a ahora porque tal vez yo no miras los talkbacks de posts anteriores

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom, you cant look like a monster, you are beautiful with or without hair. I love you and I miss you like crazy.
    the person that love you the most,
    Your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karinita, beautiful (and brave) girl! It is fantastic to note how amidst the "annoying" things you are going through, you have the stamina to look forward to a bright(er) future. No dounbt that this is an important key to success.
    We feel with you deeply, and are certain that before long you will be able to tell us of the steps that are leading to improvement - and subsequently to recovery.
    Un abrazo (no demasiado fuerte pero muy caluroso), (tio) Moishe y familia

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Ay, los contratiempos de última hora...! menos mal que siempre se superan. En nada ya tecleas desde Chile:-)))

    Saludos cariñosos para las dos.

    ReplyDelete