Monday, September 23, 2013

Almost 11 Months

The reason why I haven’t posted anything since May is because I haven’t experienced any benefit either.  This has been the most difficult year of my life.  I know that there are people in a much worst condition than me, but I can’t help it: I miss so much myself from not-so-long ago.  I wish someone knew what determines or what avoids the progression and feeling fatigued, besides what we all know: sleeping well, good nutrition, exercise, rest, avoiding stress and heat… Until May I went one step forward and two steps back, but suddenly everything “seemed” strange.  My physiotherapist swears that besides some days in which I was extremely fatigued, my disease has not progressed. I had tonsillitis, and became voiceless.  I experienced extreme dizziness. I couldn’t even stand up some days and they run the cranial nerve VIII test. It turned out I did have some deficiency (??)  I still don’t know why the dizziness comes back some days, but there are stable days too.  In order to eliminate any possible “something” in the brain, I had an MRI that showed even smaller scars than on March's, which according to my neurologist could translate in eventually some improvement.  He will attend Ectrims 2013 next month in Copenhagen.  Hopefully there will be anything new…

Happy springtime southern hemisphere and happy autumn northern one.

Take care


6 comments:

  1. Mi niñita, has tenido mucha paciencia, pienso que tendrás que tener más aún. Tengo fe en que las cosas, aunque demasiado lentamente, irán para mejor. Y dentro de todo lo que has pasado una de las cosas que más admiro de ti es tu tremendo sentido de humor, aún en la adversidad, eso es lo que más te va a ayudar a salir adelante, ya verás.
    Te amo.
    Mamá

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, no siempre las cosas resultan tan rápido como uno quisiera, pero estoy segura nuevamente encontraras la paciencia para poder sobrellevarlo. Te mando un gran abrazo y una vez mas recuerda que tu perseverancia es una de tus muchas virtudes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karinita, eres una mujer absolutamente admirable y digna de ejemplo ... otros en tu lugar ya hubieran sucumbido para no levantarse y tú sigues luchando sin cesar. Estoy segura que esto te traerá muchas recompensas más adelante. Te mando toda mi buena vibra, todas las bendiciones del cielo y mis mejores deseos en los peores momento. Te quiero y que Dios te dé paciencia inagotable para ponerte de pie una y otra vez. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courage Karinita, the good is still to come! You are in our family hearts and prays. Un abraso fuerte! Veli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Karinita,
    All those who love you (that includes me and the whole family) stand behind you and pray for further progress toward recovery. There is frequently a gap between MRI findings and a patient's actual feelings. On the other hand, the fact that the tests do show improvement is by necessity a positive element in the overall picture. Now it is is YOUR turn, and you have already demonstrated that your strong personality and stamina can lead you to overcoming nasty periods. We are with you, with heaps of love and good wishes. Yours, (tio) Moshe and family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Karina
    No bajes los brazos. Sos un ejemplo para muchos de nosotros. Te tengo en mi tefila diaria.
    Shabbat shalom y un gran abrazo
    Chana

    ReplyDelete