Saturday, October 26, 2013

1st Year

Hi dear friends,
Today is my 1st transplantation Birthday.  
This has been a year of accelerated spiritual growth.  It began with three months wiping off the chemo and its impact, opportunistic infections, physical ups and downs, hopes and disappointments… It was a year that I lived “isolated” while life went on.
I never stopped doing my three times a week PT, and suddenly I started being surrounded by a group of angels.  Pablo  H. helps me go from one place to another with so much tenderness and patience.  Claudia R, Claudia and Taly E and Nurit  P. jumped into my life for no specific reason, but they always visit me like fairies that sprinkle their dust and leave home with a special scent … Thanks to Elin’s idea, I started doing Yoga and there I found Angeles, the Yoga teacher, and a group of sweet women.   Of course I can’t do all the exercises, but I’m happy if I do 1/8th or 1/4th of them; at least I go out of my house for another reason that it’s not a medical exam or a doctor’s appointment.  Rafael is the physical education teacher that is with me twice a week for two hours each.  He’s been essential in accepting the disability which has been so hard for me to do. 
I’ve witnessed many people with Remitting Relapsing and Aggressive Relapsing MS experience miracle improvements after their transplantation, and even some Secondary Progressive ones.  I don’t know if it depends on how long they have been progressive, their disability status… I really don’t know, but I know for sure that Heidelberg University Hospital was the best facility I could have gone to and that fully myeloablative transplantation was right for me, and as HB’s Dr. Blank said, it’s impossible to know how I would have been now without the transplantation.
There’s still a year ahead in which I could experience improvements.  So, as long as it is hard to continue being patient, being surrounded by these new angels in my life, helps a lot.
I send bright stars to Mellisa, Elin, Phoebe, Bassam, Maryam, Toni, Monique, George, Carmel, Scott, Wendy and Eddie… We’re so distant apart, but so close at the same time.
Take care,

PS: Important statement: “No matter how many times I break down, there is always a little piece of me that says ‘NO, you are not done yet.  Get back up’”.

Unknown


Watch this link please.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Karinita,
    Mazal Tov to the Tx anniversary. Going through so many penuries, you so wonderfully "count your blessings" in your admirable, unique poetic style.May your blessings continually grow in volume and in quality, and may we all rejoice with you upon further improvements.
    Love, Nina & Moshe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karinita Linda!!
    Ya ves que los angeles existen y han surgido como por arte de magia a tu vida, y ellos son los que te impulsan y te dan fuerzas para segui adelante, siempre adelante ademas tu eres una luchadora y eso es tu mejor arma para luchar contra viento y marea...
    Seguimos pensando en ti y las promesas hay que cumplirlas, aun estoy yo con mis cositas, y apenas vea que me pongo mas YO..te diremos cuando nos dispondremos a ir a visitarte..
    Te mandamos un abrazo y siempre las mejores energias y buenos deseos
    Con todo nuestro amor y cariño hacia ti
    Wim y Perla!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hijita querida, yo soy testigo de todos tus padecimientos y de todas tus alegrías. Mejor que nadie se cómo ha sido tu primer año. Cada vez que te veo bien, siento que vamos por buen camino, que la esperanza sigue viva en mi mente y en mi corazón. Es lento el proceso, pero como dicen "no temas ir despacio, sólo teme no avanzar".
    Te amo.
    La mamy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay Karinita, tus palabras me conmueven grandemente. Si yo tuviera el poder de curar gente tú serías por mucho una de las primeras de mi lista, después de mi mamá que desgraciadamente este año fue diagnosticada con cancer de seno. Le ruego diario a Dios por mi mamá y por tí. Sé que eres de las personas más perseverantes que he conocido y estoy casi segura que tendrás tu recompensa tarde o temprano. Que Dios te siga trayendo más ángeles a tu vida para que te aligeren la carga de la enfermedad. Te quiero mucho y sigue adelante.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Karina,
    Extraniabamos tus post!! Como siempre sos una fuente de inspiracion. Me acuerdo de vos cada vez que hago tefila y si D'os quiere, vas a tener refua shlema y pronta. Te mando paciencia para que puedas sobrellevar el tiempo que esto te esta llevando!
    Shabbat shalom y brajot desde Israel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karina, ayer leí tus últimas nuevas y aunque me da tristeza saber que no has mejorado mucho todavía, me dio mucho gusto y paz saber que estás rodeada de gente buena, que te quiere y te impulsa. Estoy completamente de acuerdo contigo. Esos "ángeles" hacen mucho más llevadera la carga; lo sé por experiencia.

    ReplyDelete