Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 Months

This month has been one step forward two steps backward, but I'm doing better. 
It's easier for me to roll over in the bed and to stand when I'm lying.  I can stand up from a seating position without hand support. I can sit and support my right feet completely on the floor... I feel more upright. Sometimes I can do things that two minutes later I can't and viceversa. I am still very fatigued and tired.  I haven't gone out unless I have an appointment with some doctor or if  I have to take any exams.  I know I have to be very patient, but that's easier said than done... I sense it's getting better, veeeeeery slowly, but it is...



My hair is growing back and so do my eyebrows and eyelashes and that feels great. Well, I don't have too much to tell you, but I know each month will be better.  I'm very obedient with doctors: I take all my medicines, I exercise with my physiotherapist and I eat my meals :o)
We had the wonderful visit of Simone and Frank from Eisenach, and being with them, even for a very short time, was like a dream... 
Summer in Chile is very hot, but Santiago is a very beautiful city.
Take care...




5 comments:

  1. Karinita Linda!!
    Que alegria verte mas repuesta con pelito y lento pero seguro vas por buen camino y D-os medinte y con tu optimismo y positiva.llegaras a la deseada meta..
    Nosotros estamos siempre con el pensamiento de visitarte y cumplir la promesa de Wim (el duendecillo)tambien a la espera de que tu nos des la señal y que ya podamos ir a pasear contigo y obviamente a un buen restaurante;=))
    Siempre te enviamos buenas energias y te queremos mucho.
    cuidate we love you!
    Wim y Pepa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi querida amiga, se que no es fácil lo que estas viviendo, estoy segura que venceras uno a uno todos los obstaculos, recuerda que la fortaleza sigue siendo una de tus mejores virtudes, te quiero amiga y me alegro de cada uno de tus logros. Un abrazo gigante, tu amiga Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karina, It has been quite a while since your last communication. They say "no news is good news", but when the situation is so fragile - then one starts to wonder, even to a point that one hesitates to ask. This is why we are sooo glad to hear from you that the circumstances, although not optimal (!), allow us to foresee a continuing improvement. Your growing hair can testify that you are indeed progressing. You are a lovely person and the world can learn a lot from you about courage, morale and spiritual fortitude. Keep up the good job that you are making! Kisses, Nina & Moshe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estás gaupísima en la foto. Y bueno, en cuanto a los progresos te diré, por si te sirve de ayuda, que yo necesité 6 meses para darme cuenta que efectivamente el transplante funcionaba, y créeme, 6 meses se pasan volando. Nunca me imaginé que llegara a tener tanta paciencia y mira, ya voy por décimo mes y estoy bastante bien. No te plantees una mejoría a corto plazo, Karina, si no tienes paciencia, invéntala y, sobre todo, no dejes de hacerle caso a los médicos.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karina, estoy muy de acuerdo con Nina y Moshe y me da mucha alegría y esperanza saber que el transplante funciona. Deseo con todo el corazón que te funcione a ti. Amiga valiente, hermosa y chistosa. Me encanta que nunca pierdas el sentido del humor. Perla

    ReplyDelete