Saturday, April 27, 2013

6 Months

My daughter noticed I was feeling better just when I got home after the hospital last month.  I've been taking  the antibiotics and I'm getting stronger.  People that haven't seen me in a while say I look more "ambulatory".  I even dared to take a cab the other day (with the walker) and went to a meeting with my son's school teachers.  Then I took a cab and came back home.  I only live two blocks away from school... but I did it!  
I'm working hard with my physiotherapist and although the antibiotics make me very dizzy, I realize I get better each session and this has been a tremendous relief for me...
I'm feeling optimistic.  I know the recovery has ups and downs, but now I understand the post transplantation dynamics.  
I think it's time to share with you the illustration made by Phoebe Scopes (who also went HSCT) that perfectly describes the situation I'm going through.

Thanks Phoebe!

Everybody take care

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Eddie Nash says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear your little rays of hope ?... Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiga querida mucha fuerza para todo este proceso que ha sido duro, pero jamás has decaído.
    un abrazo gigante

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi niñita hermosa, yo también veo y disfruto de tus avances, aunque lentos, pero son avances. También estoy optimista. Además estás cada día más linda y ese pelo crespo te queda tan bien :-). Lo más admirable de todo es esa fuerza interior que tienes y que te hace luchar cada día para llegar a la meta. Eeres un tremendo ejemplo.
    Te amo, hijita linda:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karinita,
    Your post above reminds me of what one of my friends used to say when expressing his admiration for an achievement: "you are fantastic, nearly human"... It is wonderful what you presently do undertake (particularly after the unlucky interlude that landed you in hospital and scred the sh.. out of me). Thank you for calming my mind by getting better, and doing everything (im)possible to follow that lead. With heaps of love and a big hug (how big a hug can you take??), Nina & Moshe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desde Israel, seguimos tu blog y te admiramos mucho (aparte de estar todos los dias en nuestra tfila)
    Laila tov y mucha fuerza

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to you inspiring posts!
    Shabbat shalom!

    ReplyDelete